Re: lonFLIP

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 22:32:49 MST

    Your longitudes are spaced 3.75 degress apart. The 0.01 and 359.99
    look out of place. Assumin that the 0.01 and the 359.99
    really refer to 0.0 and 360, then "yes", the longitudes
    and, presumably, the data array do contain a cyclic pt.

    lonFlip assumes that the array does not explicitly contain
    the cyclic values.

    Let x(....,nlat,mlon) where mlon contains the cyclic values

        xNew = lonFlip( x(...,nlat,mlon-1) )
        printVarSummary( xNew )

    If you are using NCL plot functions like "gsn_csm_contour_map_ce"
    then this is the way the functions expects the data.

    Good luck