"debug mode" for NCL?

From: Gary Strand (strandwg AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 15:24:16 MST

    I've got a script that does some simple data processing but has a few
    errors that I'd like to know exactly where they occur (it's hundreds of
    lines long). The errors I get are:

    [...]
      See http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/ for more details.
    warning:Attempt to reference attribute (_FillValue) which is undefined
    fatal:VarDelParent: Attempt to delete parent from empty list
    fatal:VarDelParent: Attempt to delete parent from empty list

    Is there a flag or command line option I can set so that NCL will help
    me find where these errors are occurring, by (perhaps) quoting the
    script line-by-line as it's going along?

    Thanks.

    Gary Strand
    strandwg@ucar.edu
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/strandwg