Re: ocean depth sections

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 23:57:33 MST

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, alexg wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Im plotting some latitude depth contoured sections (from ccsm pop). The
    > default settings stretches out the top 1000m to take up about half the
    > y-axis with the remaining 4000m fitting in to the bottom half. Is there a
    > setting to produce a more standard depth axis (ie no stretching of the
    > first 1000m)?
    > Thanks
    > Alex

    Hi everybody,

    Alex figured out the answer on his own; I thought I'd share it with
    the group just in case it was useful to somebody.

    He needed to set the following resource:

        res@gsnYAxisIrregular2Linear = True

    This takes a Y axis that is irregular (that is, the values on the axis
    are not equally-spaced), and changes it to a linear axis with
    equally-spaced values. The data will go through a transformation when
    you do this, so it will "follow" the changes to the Y axis.

    For a graphical example, see example 1 at:

        http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/slice.shtml

    Cheers,