Re: Re: ncl-talk Digest, Vol 14, Issue 13

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 14:00:16 MST

    >Is there any ncl function of interpolation to fill in missing value. I know
    >the function "linmsg" , but it is just for 1-dimension, I have a 3 dimension
    >data, there are some missing value almost on every day, so I try to use ncl
    >function to fill in missing value. Could anyone help me?

    linmsg will do what you want. It operates on the righmost
    dimension of an array

    Pls look at the examples: specifically 3 and 4

    [1] get data array x(:,:,:)
    [2] *if* dimensions are not named then
        name each dimension
        x!0 = "time"
        x!1 = "lat"
        x!2 = "lon"

    [3] use dimension reordering

        xNew = x(lat|:,lon|:,time|:)
        xNew = linmsg(xNew, opt) ; (lat,lon,time)
        x = xNew(time|:,lat|:,lon|:)

    If you have not done so, pls look at the following.
    If possible, use color and in duplex mode but
    it looks fine in black and white.

    NCL Mini-reference Manual:
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/NCL/mini-refman.shtml

    good luck