Re: Help

From: David Ian Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 10:24:53 MST

    You need to use text function codes. First you need to determine
    whether you have reset the function code character. By default, it
    is a colon (:) but generally it has been recommended to set it
    to tilde (~) in your .hluresfile. Supposing you have done this,
    there are a several ways to get what you want, but here is a simple way:

    1) res@gsnLeftString = "P~B2~21 - P~B2~17"

    The 'B2' means subscript the following 2 characters.

    It is possible to do much more complicated combinations of subscripting
    and
    superscripting. See
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/function_code.shtml
    for details.