Re: ncl and MM5?

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 09:37:18 MST

    andres,

    it depends upon the output format of your MM5 data. The direct
    output from teh model is a "proprietary" binary format that can only be
    read using special tools from that community. There are a few
    MM5 to netCDF convertors out there, but we don't track or support them.

    If you can get your data into a format the NCL can read (e.g.
    netCDF[recommended], normal binary etc), then NCL can be used to
    plot your data.

    sm