Re: NCL font problem

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 10:57:53 MST

    >I am having problems with some NCL code. The code (for me) consistently
    >produces many errors like
    >
    > PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 19 (/) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
    >
    >For another user in our lab, the code works fine with no errors. We use
    >the same NCL version ( 4.2.0.a032) and have the same path settings for the
    >ncar libraries. I've had our system person help look at the differences in
    >our environments and so far, we haven't seen anything that should have an
    >effect.
    >
    >Does anyone have an idea of where we should be looking or what else we can
    >check?

    yes!

    > It's driving us crazy.

    :-) !!

    ----

    Pls install the attached .hluresfile in the home directory of the machine you are running NCL.

    ---- "We" recommend installing this for anybody using NCL. It changes the defaults. In particular, the default character to change font is ":". However, many people like to use colons in titles. The .hluresfile cjanges this tp the ~ character.

    ---- Good luck D

    ! comments for ".res" files are preceded by a "!" ! remember quotations are not used in .res files

    ! White background/black foreground *wkForegroundColor : (/0.,0.,0./) *wkBackgroundColor : (/1.,1.,1./)

    ! Font stuff *appClass*Font : helvetica

    ! Function Codes [Default is a colon ] *TextFuncCode : ~

    ! Set size of x11 window *wkWidth : 700 *wkHeight : 700

    ! Increase default wkspace for graphics ! ! default is 16777216 . ! this must be in an NCL script for it to work. ! setvalues NhlGetWorkspaceObjectId() ! "wsMaximumSize": 50000000 ! end setvalues *wsMaximumSize : 33554432