Re: ncargf90

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 17:53:20 MDT

On Apr 28, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Nestor Waldyd wrote:

> Hi...
>
> i have just installed the free version of NCAR Graphics... But i can't
> find the ncargf90 executable... Must it be installed separately? How
> can i solve this?
>
> Beforehand thanks...

Nestor,

Currently, if you download an NCAR Graphics tar file that contains
binaries that were built
with a Fortran 77 compiler, then it will only have the "ncargf77"
script available. Ditto
for downloading a Fortran 90 compiled version of NCAR Graphics. I know
this can be
improved to where both scripts are included, and it's been on my list
for awhile now.

However, you can create your own "ncargf90" scrip by copying the
"ncargf77" script
and making the appropriate changes to it. Some changes will be the
compiler name,
and possibly additional system libraries that you might need to include
on the compile line.

---Mary