Re: Panel Plot

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 08:59:20 MDT

    Ben,

    The plots in a panel plot all have some white space added around them,
    which is set to 1% of the total height of your frame,

    If you want to decrease this white space, this will make your plots a
    little bigger. Use the resources:

       resP@gsnPanelXWhiteSpacePercent
       resP@gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent

    and set them to values less than 1.0 (for 1%). You can try a value of
    0.0, as I believe you will still have *some* miniscule white space
    around each plot.

    It is also possible that you may have some "invisible" plot elements
    that aren't being drawn, but space is being left for them. An example
    of this is if you set the main string resource to an empty string
    for the individual plots:

        res@tiMainString = " "

    Even though there is no text in the string, NCL will still leave an
    empty space where the main string would normally be, and hence you
    will get some white space above the top of your plot.

    --Mary