Re: Could not open ($NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl)

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 22:16:13 MDT

    Dear Liping,

    It looks like your NCARG_ROOT environment variable may not be set. It
    needs to be set to the root directory of where the NCL software is
    installed. The easiest way to determine this directory is by
    typing "which ncl", and then setting NCARG_ROOT to the directory
    that leads up to the "bin" directory.

    For example, if "which ncl" reports "/usr/local/bin/ncl", then setenv
    NCARG_ROOT to /usr/local.

    The best place to do this is in the .* file in your home
    directory that gets executed when you logon, like ".cshrc"
    or ".tcshrc".

    --Mary