Re: ncvarget: ncid 5: Index exceeds dimension bound

From: David Ian Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 17:23:51 MDT

Hi Mike,

I was able to read the file 20050701_ruc20n.nc as you sent it to Dennis
Shea without any problems
using current versions of NCL both on Solaris and Mac OS X.

I wonder what version of NCL you are using. I do notice in the file
that you have 2D coordinate
variables "lat" and "lon" both with dimensions "lat" and "lon". Prior
to mid 2004 this would have been
a problem because NCL used to assume that variables with the same name
as a dimension were 1D
coordinate variables. I don't remember for sure, but the error message
you are getting may have been
a symptom of this problem. If this is the case you may just need to
get a newer version of NCL.

If you are actually using a current version of NCL, then the next
question would be what system are you
running on?
  -dave