Re: fixed label bar location / tick mark label boundaries

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 09:46:42 MDT

    I was asked to update everyone on what happened with Glen's question.
    Turns out that Glen's bottom X-axis tickmark labels where interferring
    with the location of the vertical label bar when the rightmost tickmark
    label extended beyond the right boundary of the contour plot.

    Glen was using gsn_contour, and thus the tickmarks were pointed inward.
    After trying out gsn_csm_contour instead (tickmarks pointed outwards),
    and seeing that gsn_csm_contour fixed the problem by pushing the XB
    labels far enough away from the labelbar as to not cause labelbar
    interference, he went back to gsn_contour and manually set the tickmarks
    to point outwards.