log-base2 axis?

From: Jonathan Vigh (vigh AT atmos.colostate.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 11:54:10 MDT

Greetings,
        Maybe this is easy -- is there a straightforward way to make an
xy-plot with a log base-2 axis? I want to make a plot that has linear
frequency on one y-axis and period (log base-2) on the other axis (with
ticks at 2, 4, 8, 16). So the two y-axes would look like:

0.25 2

0.2

0.15
                4
0.1
                8
0.05
                16
0 inf

I'm guessing it will involve something like:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/xy_8.ncl
but I'm not sure how to set the axis to be log-base2.

A figure showing what I'm trying to reproduce is attached.

Thanks,
Jonathan Vigh