Re: using lbLabelStrings - any examples?

From: David Ian Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 11:07:12 MDT

As the documentation for "lbLabelString" notes. this "resource may be
intercepted or
disabled by the ContourPlot". What this means is that, by default, if
your labelbar is part
of a contour plot, the contour plot sets the labelbar label strings
based on the values it
uses for contour line labels (whether or not you actually have contour
lines and/or line
labels appearing in the plot). Any values you set for "lbLabelStrings"
are ignored.

But -- you in turn can disable this behavior by setting the resource
'cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn'
to True. With this resource set true you the values you set for
lbLabelString should no
longer be ignored. If you find this not to be the case, let us know.

  -dave