RE:[ncl-talk] converting ncgm file to jpg

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 16:56:40 MDT

    I'd like to add that if you still have the original script that
    generated the NCGM file and you can still run it, I recommend
    modifying it so that it writes its output to an EPS or PS file, and
    then use "convert". Your fonts will look better if you do it this way.
    I use this method for generating images for PowerPoint presentations.

    I believe you can only do one frame at a time, though. If you have a
    multi-frame PS file, you can split it into individual PS files
    using "psplit", a tool that comes with NCL. Then you can use "convert"
    on these individual PS files.

    --Mary