background fill in XY plot

From: Hauss Reinbold (Hauss.Reinbold AT dri.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 16:11:57 MDT

Hi everyone. Are there any resources for filling the background of
an XY plot? Really all I want to do is add a nice grey background to
some line plots (leaving the area outside the plot area white). I
can think of a couple ways to do it with polygon fills, but I would
rather use a resource if there is one. I've checked the resources
and searched the help files. What did I miss? Or do I just have to
create my own polygon fill underneath the plot somehow? I have the
feeling this should be obvious so forgive me if it is. Thanks.

Hauss Reinbold