Re: Possible bug in script wrf_em_real.ncl (Beta version)

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 20:38:00 MDT

    Hi all,

    We are corresponding with Sam directly to find out what's wrong with
    the PDF file. I wanted to mention something here that might be useful,
    and that is what to look for if your PS or PDF file seems to be
    corrupted. First, if you press <CTRL>-C while an NCL script is
    running, this might cause your PS or PDF file to not be closed
    properly, and thus appear corrupted. Also, if you don't do a frame
    advance after you draw a plot (with a call to "frame"), this can cause
    an incorrect closure of the frame, and hence your PSD/PDF file may not
    be correct. The latter shouldn't be a problem if you are calling
    gsn_xxx plotting functions *and* you are not explicitly setting
    gsnFrame to False.

    Note: the above can also apply to NCGM files.

    --Mary