isnan_ieee and replace_ieeenan workaround?

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:55:51 -0800

Hi,

I'm reading some ncdf files which have nan values. I know about the
isnan_ieee and replace_ieeenan functions, but although isnan_ieee works
on my data (by spitting a logical array that matches the nan locations
correctly), replace_ieeenan is not working at all. I read that these
functions may not be portable to all systems (I'm running redhat
enterprise linux on a x86 system), but I'm puzzled that one would work
and the other not. I'm using addfile with the "w" option, so I'd expect
the data to be modifiable...

Has anybody experienced a problem like this? Do you know a workaround?

Thanks,

James