Missing area in an 850mb plot

From: Sam Drinkard <sam_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:42:37 -0500

Fellow NCL and WRF users,

    I'm using the pre-configured WRF_NCL scripts to view WRF model
output. I've noticed on my 850mb plots, there is an area in the shape
of a ")" that is blanked, or more appropriately, missing all symbols on
the left hand side of the displayed image. You can see what I'm talking
about at

 http://wa4phy.net/images/odd850.png .

     It only appears to affect the H85 plots, and then, only on the
outer, or 33km domain. This is the older script, not the latest one
available. I do have the newer one, but the images are, for some
reason, much smaller when displayed as an .ncgm metafile. It also
appears on the newer script, so that would perhaps point to some kind of
problem with the domain dimensions perhaps? I'm puzzled by this one for
sure. I have another domain, a 36 / 12km which is slightly further
eastward towards the SE atlantic coast and it does not have this
"feature". Could someone perhaps shed some light on why this area is
not displaying the wind barbs, or the continuation of isobars, and other
features?

Many thanks,

Sam