Re: 2d lat lon coordinate info and pyncl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:09:02 -0700 (MST)

Dear Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu,

Fred Clare already answered you offline, but I thought I'd share some
general information here.

Some of the gsn_csm_xxx plotting scripts have been set up to recognize
the special "lon2d" and "lat2d" attributes, if you attach them to your
data before calling gsn_csm_xxx. If you happen to be calling an
interface that doesn't recognize these special attributes (like a
generic gsn_xxxx function, or the PyNGL interface), then generally
what you need to do is set the "sfXArray" and "sfYArray" resources to
lon2d and lat2d respectively. For example, in NCL:

     res_at_sfXArray = lon2d
     res_at_sfyArray = lat2d

In PyNGL, this might look something like:

   res.sfXArray = lon2d
   res.sfYArray = lat2d

--Mary