Re: Reducing the file size of PS images.

From: Takeshi Enomoto <eno_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:18:51 +0900

Alex,

On 2006/04/01, at 6:01, Alex Gardner wrote:

> Does any one have an example of a good way to reduce the file size
> of post
> script images being created in a loop?

I also 'convert' day and night to create a movie.
I think it takes too long.

The size is dramatically reduced if it is compressed (gzip etc).
I can only think of dividing output to fewer frames.
I have nerver used ncgm workstation and
it appears that it is no longer recommended.

It would be nice if a png workstation is implemented.
It should not be difficult.

-----
Dr Takeshi Enomoto
eno_at_jamstec.go.jp