Modified Bessel Functions

From: Jonathan Vigh <vigh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:53:52 -0600

Greetings,
    I would like to use plot some analytic results that involve modified
Bessel functions of the 1st and 2nd kind (specifically, the K_0, K_1,
I_0 and I_1 Bessel functions). Does NCL have this capability? I think it
would involve a lookup table, as I don't think these functions can be
generated analytically (they come from recursion relationships from
other functions). I think IDL and Matlab do have this capability, but I
am curious to know if I can do it in NCL (or if maybe this is a
circumstance where it would be better to use different software?).

Here's a link about Bessel functions that shows a plot of what I'm
looking for (about halfway down the page):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessel_function

Thanks for any help,
    Jonathan Vigh