RE: [ncl-talk] High Pressure Ridge Identification Algorithm?

From: Alex Gardner <alexg_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:51:15 -0600

Thank you very much for the help Dennis,

The min and max functions will do what I want. What I eventually want to do
is output the min value, lat and long for each month of a 2 year monthly
mean netCDF file for the region North of 60 deg North. Ideally I would like
to run a script that could output a single txt file with the year, month,
value, lat, and long for each month of the 24 months the netCDF. Does anyone
have a script where they have used the locmin or locmax functions with a
netcdf file and output the results as a txt file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex