vis5d file format output

From: Glen Romine <romine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:37:17 -0500

I was interested in exporting data from NCL to a vis5d file. I'm finding
that the v5d_* calls don't seem to be recognized as valid procedures. I
get the following error when I call any of the v5d_* functions:

fatal: syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure.

The v5d functions are listed as 'built-in' on the NCL web site, and I
guess I'd be really surprised if it is simply missing from the build -
but there seems to be some problem on my end at least, so I'm hoping you
can offer some suggestions on what I should be doing to troubleshoot this.

I can send a script and data file if it helps...

Thanks,
Glen