Re: readAsciiHead

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:10:56 -0600 (MDT)

Mike and others,

The problem is that the first line of the data file contains a string
with more than 256 characters, and NCL's strings are limited to 256
characters. We fixed this problem shortly after the latest version
(a033) was released, so that you will get a warning message instead of
a seg fault.

Meanwhile, since you are on an NCAR computer, you can use "ncl.new" on
tempest, which contains the latest version of NCL. It is there for
test purposes only.

If anybody else needs a fix to this problem, you can email me
directly and let me know what kind of system you have.

--Mary