Re: ncl executable for 6.0.0

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 23:18:37 MDT

Hi Joe,

NCL Versions 6.0.0-beta and 6.0.0 were compiled on different Cygwin systems, with potentially different versions of GNU (I would have to check this). I didn't realize that the gcc compiler was naming the files differently. This is not something that we do specifically when creating the NCL Cygwin binary, and I'm not sure why the ".exe" was appended in one case and not the other.

My guess is if you get rid of /usr/local/bin/ncl, and then just type "ncl -V", it should find the "ncl.exe" file and execute it. You may need to remove some other executables that have duplicates.