Re: Problem installing ncl 6 in Centos 4

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2011 - 09:05:40 MDT

Hi Oscar,

I am unable to build a binary with your requirements because I don't have access to a system with glibc 2.3. You will need to build NCL/NCARG from source code.

What versions of gcc and gfortran do you have:

    gcc --version
    gfortran --version

I don't think older versions of gcc will be an issue, but you will definitely want to use gfortran and not g77.

There's information about building NCL/NCARG at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

--Mary