Re: command line issues

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 09:36:18 MST

On Dec 13, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Matt McKenzie wrote:

> Thanks Mary,
> One of the fun things working at a supercomputing center is the (lack
> of) knowledge of where and which version were download & installed
> months or years ago. The files we have installed are
> ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.Linux_x86_64_nodap_gcc432.tar.gz and
> ncl_ncarg_src-5.2.1.tar.gz .

The latter file with the "src" in the name is just the source code. The other file contains a 64-bit Linux version that was built on a Debian system.

Is this a 64-bit Intel system? Do you have gcc on your system, and is it at version 4.3.x?

I agree with Andy that you should try to download a newer NCL (V6.0.0). I'm not sure this will fix your problem, however. I have a feeling that you may need to build from source code. However, it's worth trying V6.0.0, and if that doesn't work, I can help you build NCL from source code.

--Mary