Re: NCL install

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 06 2014 - 11:22:58 MST

There’s not enough information here. There should be more output than just “fatal error”.

The “ncargex” command simply tests that the “old” way of generating graphics via a Fortran program still works.
You don’t need worry worry about this if you only plan to convert files, or use “ncl” to generate graphics.

If you want to convert your H5 file to NetCDF, then see “ncl_convert2nc”:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/ncl_convert2nc.shtml

The “simple” way is to try the following on your UNIX command line:

ncl_convert2nc file.h5 file.nc

where “file.h5” is the name of your H5 file, and “file.nc” is whatever name you want for the output fie.

If you have problems with this command, please post to ncl-talk, and not to ncl-install. But first, see our posting guidelines:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/posting_guidelines.shtml

—Mary