NCAR's EOF functions

From: Jiming Jin (jjm@XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 16:01:41 MDT

Dear Colleagues,

 I am confused about how to use those EOF functions posted on NCAR's web
page 'http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng4.1/ref/ncl/functions' such as
'eofcov','eofcov_ts','eof_varimax',... Actually my question is very
simple. For example, I have a set of one-dimensional time series data and
would like to get the first ten(or more) principal component time series
data and their corresponding variances based on the original data set.
Could someone give me any suggestion or help about how to use those
functions or what else to process the time series data. Thank you very
much!

My best regards,

Jiming Jin