Multiple plot file name versus single resource file name

From: Gary J Robinson <gazza_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:55:06 +0100

I am trying to create a set of PDF files that use the same
resources. If I use the gsn_open_wks function then I can either
specify the output file name(s) in the second argument OR specify
the single resource file - resulting in the output file having to be
renamed. The latter is not an option as I have multiple jobs running
the same script, which could cause filename conflicts. I therefore
use the first option and rely on the resources to be picked up from
the hluresfile. Unfortunately, as I am invoking the ncl script from
within a wrapper C program (via the system() function), this doesn't
always work for some strange reason. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Dr Gary J Robinson

Using NCL 4.2.0.a033 on Linux, Solaris 10 and Mac OS X 10.4.6