random point interpolation

From: Josh Hacker <hacker_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:17:04 -0600

Folks,

I cannot find an example of this in either the talk archives or the
docs, but hopefully somebody out there has figured out an efficient way
to do this.

I have a coarse-resolution grid (from WRF) with the associated 2D lat
and long arrays. The lat and long are of course not monotonic. I would
like to interpolate to another WRF-like grid, with similar traits. The
output grid is huge so I don't want to loop through individual points in
my script. Does any single function handle this?

For example:

inLon = (/ny,nx/)
inLat = (/ny,nx/)
inVar = (/ny,ny/)
outLon = (/NY,NX/)
outLat = (/NY,NX/)
outVar = (/NY,NX/)

I want take inVar to the grid defined by outLon and outLat.

Again, none of these are monotic if unrolled to vectors.

Cheers,
Josh

--
Joshua Hacker