Re: ncl in c-shell script; exit if ncl script fails

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:17:25 -0600 (MDT)

My apologies, this question slipped through the cracks. This is
something you can't currently do with NCL, but it has been on our
list of enhancements we'd like to make.

Bob found a solution, which I thought was pretty clever:

   At the top of the ncl script: system("touch abnormal_exit")
   at the end of the ncl script: system("\rm abnormal_exit")

   and in the c-shell script after the ncl script runs:

       if !(-e abnormal_ext) then
          tell me
          exit
       endif