crontab error

From: Bryan K Woods <bryan.woods_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:16:55 -0400

Hi all,

Here is the situation. I have a script that runs just ducky when I
manually initialize it. I tried to crontab it using the root user, and
then the system paths and environmental variables didn't work. I have
circumvented that problem by manually substituting the full file path
for $NCARG_ROOT when loading the resource files and explicitly entering
full file paths for all system command. However, I now have a different
problem. My scripts loads data correctly from an ASCII script and
calculates all derived quantities fine. However, when I finally go to
draw my first chart, a map in this case, I get the following error:

----
(0)    Now charting operational models.
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App
Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value -
Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "BkBlAqGrYeOrReViWh200"
to ColorMap
warning:Error retrieving resource wkColorMap from args - Ignoring Arg
fatal:MapV40DHClassPartInit: cannot find path to NCARG database
fatal:MapV40DHClassPartInit: error initializing map outline records
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:PID #-4 can't be found in NhlSetValues
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3042 in file
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3946 in file
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 573 in file
/hail/bkw5/canes/scripts/atcf_fullmodels_120hr.ncl
----
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks a ton!
Bryan Woods