Re: How to write string to netcdf output

From: Kyle Wilcox <Kyle.Wilcox_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:43:21 -0400

Please someone correct me if I am wrong because I am no expert, but I
don't believe strings are a data type supported by netCDF files. This
dates back to FORTRAN not accepting variable-length character strings.

What you need to do is translate the string into an array of character
values and then output that array to the netCDF file.

Hope this helps,

Kyle Wilcox
kyle.wilcox_at_noaa.gov