Re: overlapped texts on map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:08:14 -0600 (MDT)

All,

I'm responding to this one off-line, but in general, if you use
gsn_add_text, there's no way to tell it if there's already a text
string on or close to the same location, not to draw it.

In order to do this, you need to retrieve the locations of all the
current strings, and figure out what part of the plot they are already
covering. Then, you would need to calculate how much space the current
string was going to take up, and figure out if it overlapped with an
existing string.

I'm working with Ozan offline because I believe he is trying to to get
around a different problem of having contour labels overlapping, and I
think maybe he doesn't need to use gsn_add_text.

--Mary