Re: Scatter plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:23:29 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 araligin_at_onid.orst.edu wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to plot a scatter plot of two variables. The time series of these
> variables have missing values but they are not at the same time for both the
> variables. When I plot the scatter plot the missing values of one variable is
> taken care but the missing value of the other variable is being plot. I have
> attached the ncl code I have written for it. I don'nt know where I am going
> wrong.
>
> Thanking you,
> Nilesh

Nilesh,

You are setting your missing values to -999.99. We have found in some
cases that when you use values like this instead of values like -999,
you might end up with slight round-off errors. This may cause your
actual missing values to be something like -999.98999999, and hence
they may not be recognized as actual missing values by NCL.

Can you email me the two ASCII files that your script depends on, so I
can try running your script here? If they are too big, then let me
know and I'll give you a place to ftp them.

Thanks,