Colors in xy-plots

From: Arne Melsom <arne.melsom_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:16:21 +0200

Hi all,
Is there a way to apply color shading to a xy plot curve? I have a 2D
contour plot of SSH with a shading defined by the resources
  res_at_cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
  res_at_cnLevels = myintervals
the latter being a 1D array that's defined elsewhere. Now, I extract
values in a crossection (i.e., along a line), and would like to display
the extracted values as a multi-color curve in a xy plot, using the
shading from the contour plot. Is this possible?
Many thanks!
-Arne