Re: tdez2d

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:52:30 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Michael Notaro wrote:

> I specified ist=-4 in tdez2d. Yet, the green color is under the plot and
> grey on top.
> Isnt it suppose to be the other way around? How do I get shades of green on
> top?
>
> Thanks, Michael

Hi all,

We corresponded with Michael offline about his question, but meanwhile
I wanted to point out the possible cause of the problem he mentioned.

Dave Kennison (the developer of the TDPACK software of which the
"tdez2d" and "tdez3d" are built on top of) stated that the X, Y, Z
input arrays for these two routines must be monotonically increasing.
He said, "I suspect that, if one neglects to observe the restriction,
the only effect will be to switch the colors on the two sides of a
simple surface or an isosurface; if there is some more serious effect,
I don't remember it; I would have to do some experiments to find out."

We have updated the NCL tdez2d and tdez3d documentation to reflect
the monotonic array requirement.

Cheers,

--Mary