Re: what's wrong with the windows ncl installation?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:37:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi Xuguang,

The error message:

  warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: error opening display

is indicating that DISPLAY is not set. Did you setenv your DISPLAY
environment variable as instructed on the same page at:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#SetUpDisplay

Secondly, you also need to make sure you are running the above command
from a Cygwin/X window, and not just a Cygwin window. These are two
different things. There are instructions on opening a Cygwin/X window
on the same page at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#RunCygwinX

Good luck,

--Mary