post-editing of ncl figures

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:56:08 -0800

Dear All,

I need to edit (add arrows and other annotations) some figures
generated with ncl. I could use GIMP or Inkscape, which work on tiff
files. I tried using convert foo.eps foo.tiff but all fonts turn
grainy (loss of resolution). Has someone had any experience doing
this (switching between file formats) without loss of resolution?

Thanks

James

PS: I understand this is not really an ncl issue, but any help will
be greatly appreciated!

James McPhee
Profesor Asistente, Departamento de Ingenieria Civil
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas, Universidad de Chile
Av. Blanco Encalada 2002 piso 3
Santiago, Chile
tel: +56-2-9784400
jmcphee_at_ing.uchile.cl