map with no data

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:27:05 -0800

Hi, I need to create a study area location map, very much like the
example shown in

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/polyg_4.ncl

but without plotting any data. The only information I'd like to show
is US States boundaries and a bounding box. I tried creating an empty
dataset but I get a warning error saying that contour can't work on a
constant field. Also, the states boundaries won't show, even if I set

res_at_mpOutlineBoundarySets="USStates"

I'll appreciate any ideas....

Thanks much,

James

James McPhee
Profesor Asistente, Departamento de Ingenieria Civil
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas, Universidad de Chile
Av. Blanco Encalada 2002 piso 3
Santiago, Chile
tel: +56-2-9784400
jmcphee_at_ing.uchile.cl