multiple line plot?

From: Anji Seth <anji.seth_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:09:50 -0500

Hello NCL people,

I would like to view an area averaged annual cycle of a variable from
both a global model and a regional model in one figure. I have
succeeded in creating the two variables, each having 12 values. the
printVarSummary for each is identical, except for the name ( tsAvg and
tsAvgr).
When I try to put them into a 2-d array following the example:

  data = new((/2,12/),float) <=== I've also tried =
new((2,dimsizes(tsAvg&month)/),float)

  data(0,:) = tsAvg
  data(1,:) = tsAvgr

  printVarSummary (data)

I get this error:

fatal:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to
type of left
  hand side
^Mfatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 129 in file anncyc.ncl

The printVarSummaries for tsAvg, tsAvgr are below and they look the
same to me.
Am I making another newbie error?

Thank you! -Anji

Variable: tsAvg
Type: double
Total Size: 96 bytes
             12 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [month | 12]
Coordinates:
             month: [0..11]
Number Of Attributes: 7
   info : function clmMonLLT: contributed.ncl
   time_op_ncl : Climatology: 10 years
   FORTRAN_format : e13.5
   units : m/s
   long_name : SNOWFA
   _FillValue : -9999
   wgt_areaave_op_ncl : Area Average

Variable: tsAvgr
Type: double
Total Size: 96 bytes
             12 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [month | 12]
Coordinates:
             month: [0..11]
Number Of Attributes: 7
   _FillValue : -9999
   info : function clmMonLLT: contributed.ncl
   time_op_ncl : Climatology: 10 years
   FORTRAN_format : e13.5
   units : m/s
   long_name : SNOWFA
   wgt_areaave_op_ncl : Area Average

Anji Seth, Geography, University of Connecticut