Re: gsn_csm_streamline_contour_map_ce

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:36:38 -0700

Hi Tutu,

By default, the gsn_csm_xxx_map_xxx functions set the continents to be
filled in with gray. To turn this off, set res_at_mpFillOn = False.

However, I'm not sure if this the gray you are talking about. If your
largest contour
levels are being filled in with gray, then you may need to do something
else, like setting res_at_gsnSpreadColorEnd to some color index value in
your
color map telling it which color is the last one it should use for your
contour values.
See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/
gsn.shtml#gsnSpreadColorEnd

If the gray is in the middle of your contour range, then you may need
to set res_at_cnFillColors to an array of colors that you want to use.
See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/
cn.shtml#cnFillColors

--Mary