missing values

From: Mateus da Silva Teixeira <mtex2k3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:32:59 -0300

Dear NCL users,

I have a 3D array dimensioned (year | 1960:2004, month | 1:12, day |
1:31) in which I put precipitation data - I should do it because my data
source.
Because the array dimensionality, some fake days do appear, like Feb 30
and April 31, for example.
So, in order to eliminate these fake days I substitute the data
_FillValue for another, like -1.0.
When I print the array for one year, the fake days appear correctly
marked with -1.0. I show to you the right end of the first year of this
array:

0.00 0.00 0.00 13.40 0.00 3.80 21.00 <-
JANUARY
0.00 0.00 0.00 32.00 -1.00 -1.00 -1.00
7.20 4.40 3.40 7.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
0.00 0.00 19.20 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.00
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
0.00 0.00 8.40 0.00 7.20 0.00 -1.00
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
30.40 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.00
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.00
11.00 15.00 4.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 <-
DECEMBER

To eliminate these days, I transform these array to an 1D array and find
the indexes of the fake days, like below

seriePluv = ndtooned(selPeriodo(0,:,:)) ; selPeriodo is
the 3D array, getting only the first year (the data showed above).
seriePluv@_FillValue = fakeDays_value ; fakeDays_value = -1.0
print(num(ismissing(seriePluv))) ; verifying
the number of the fake days of the first year => should be 7

However, the result is completely strange: it returns 68 fake days for
this first year.
Am I doing something wrong?
I already try another values to mark the fake days, but nothing changed!

Thanks
Mateus