Re: I have this problme: ncl: symbol lookup error: ncl: undefined symbol: s_copy

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:17:44 -0600

Hello,

> I have this problem: ncl: symbol lookup error: ncl: undefined
> symbol: s_copy, when I run scripts. for example,
> ~/software/ncl>ncl gsun01n.ncl
> [...]
> ncl: symbol lookup error: ncl: undefined symbol: s_copy
>
> my system is: Linux hobart 2.6.11.4-21.15-default #1 Tue Nov 28
> 13:39:58 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386
> GNU/Linux.
> ncl is ncl-4.3.0.Linux_i686_gcc3.tar
> gcc version is gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

Given the binary you have downloaded, it is required that you have
the GCC v3.x compilers (in particular, gcc)
installed on your host, or at the very least, the library libg2c.a
This library allows interaction between C and
Fortran objects, and it's specific to the GCC compilers.

Alternatively, you can download the NCL binary distribution for GCC
v4.x compilers, which does not suffer from
this requirement. This distribution is located on the Earth System
Grid (ESG) site, where all NCL distributions are
available. After logging in, it is found by following the "NCL 4.3.0
binaries (not OPeNDAP-enabled)" link and
choosing distribution #5, entitled "NCL 4.3.0 32-bit binary for i686
chips for LINUX (compiled with gcc 4.x)"

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies