Re: WRF subregion issue

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:53:08 -0600

Hi Chris,

The error message "check_for_ylat_coord and check_for_lon_coord" is
usually a result of the units attribute not being set correctly or at
all for the latitude and longitude arrays. Change this:

    lat2d = f->XLAT
    lon2d = f->XLONG
    x_at_lat2d = f->XLAT(0,:,:)
    x_at_lon2d = f->XLONG(0,:,:)

to this:

    lat2d = f->XLAT(0,:,:)
    lon2d = f->XLONG(0,:,:)
    lat2d_at_units = "degrees_north"
    lon2d_at_units = "degrees_east"
    x_at_lat2d = lat2d
    x_at_lon2d = lon2d

That should set the units up correctly, and get rid of the error
message. I believe you should also comment out the WRF_map_c line, as
that sets resources to draw the entire WRF-file defined domain (which
you don't want)... Let me know if those 2 changes don't fix things...
Adam