resource: cnLevels

From: marc <nackowiz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:00:04 -0600

Hello all,
    I believe what I am looking for are the values contained within the
cnLevels array, but can't seem to get them to print. I receive an error
which informs me the cnLevels attribute is undefined, however the on
line documentation indicates the array would be set by ContourPlot
unless set explicitly, which I prefer not to do.
   For completeness, maybe I've misread the documentation and cnLevels
isn't what I want. I've used ncl to generate a color plot of a
geographic region. I also have point data associated with the same
region. Both the plot and the point data concern concentrations of
gases. I need to insure that a point which geographically falls within
a green region on the plot will be colored the same color green when the
concentration for the point is between the high and low values used to
generate the green region of the plot. Because the scale of the data
may vary significantly, I do not want to explicitly set the values. I
prefer to let the "AutomaticLevels" parameter of the
"cnLevelSelectionMode" resource find an appropriate color scale, then
use that scale to color the points.

Thank you,
Marc Nackowiz