Re: Plotting station data

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:15:06 -0600

On Oct 12, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Don Morton wrote:

> Hi, I've been tasked with creating some sort of contour plot
> where the contours are derived from irregularly spaced
> observations. I've been told that GrADS has that
> capability, but hey, since I'm using NCL so much these
> days, I'd like to make that work.
>
> It looks to me like "station_1.ncl" in the following example does
> what I need:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml
>
> However, the links to the two data files, pw.dat and
> stn_latlon.dat are dead. I wonder if anybody can revive
> these?

Don,

These files are accessible at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Data/asc/pw.dat
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Data/asc/stn_latlon.dat

Mary Haley just did a lot of work to provide easy access for
the data files in the examples. We will need to check with
her to see if the links in this example need to be changed
or whether the files should be moved to match the links.

Fred Clare