Re: escaping a quotation mark from within an NCL string

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:05:08 -0600

Jonathan,

I'm afraid there's no way to this other than using the special "quote"
variable you set up.

Just today I was asking about being able to use single ticks to
represent characters, like:

    quote = '"'

so that you at least don't need to to the "inttochar" thing. It's not
a huge priority; just something we were discussing.

I think part of the problem is that we don't have any characters to
use as an escape
character. The "\" is a valid character in NCL, so it can't be used.

I'll have to let Dave Brown weigh in further here.

--Mary